Grilled ribeye steaks with garlic and chili
Simple - 20 Min
- book Dish type: Red meats
- poll Difficulty: Simple
- access_time Preparation time: 20 min
- timer Cooking time: 10 min
- restaurant Region: 4 personnes
- euro_symbol Cost: €€
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 4 ribeye steaks, 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick (about 2 lbs/1 kg total)
Gremolata with basil:
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
How to prepare the ribeye steaks
1. In a shallow glass dish, whisk together soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic and hot pepper flakes. Add steaks and turn to coat well. Cover dish with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. Prepare a medium-high braise. Remove steaks from marinade (discard) and place on oiled barbecue grill. Close lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare or to desired doneness (turn steaks halfway through cooking).
3. Just before serving, sprinkle steaks with gremolata.
Preparation of gremolata
4. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Makes about 1/4 cup (60 mL) gremolata.