Toasted bread with pores and Ricotta cheese
Simple - 20 Min
- book Dish type: Vegetarians
- poll Difficulty: Simple
- access_time Preparation time: 20 min
- timer Cooking time: 4 min
- restaurant Region: 4 personnes
- euro_symbol Cost: €
- 1/3 cup of olive or nut oil
- 3 tablespoons of liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 or 3 firm pears, cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices
- 8 slices of country bread, 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) thick
- 7 oz of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- fleur de sel and ground pepper
1. Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the oil, honey and lemon juice in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Close lid and shake vigorously. (You can make the dressing ahead of time. It will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator).
2. Lightly brush each side of the pear slices with the vinaigrette. Reserve remaining oil. Brush each side of bread slices with remaining oil. Prepare a medium braise. Place bread and pear slices on oiled barbecue grill and grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until bread is crisp and pears are golden brown (turn halfway through cooking).
3. Place slices of toast on a large serving plate. Place 1 or 2 slices of pear on each piece. Top each slice with cheese and sprinkle with thyme, parsley, fleur de sel and pepper. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.