Hot Brie and grilled vegetables
Simple - 20 Min
- book Dish type: Vegetarians
- poll Difficulty: Simple
- access_time Preparation time: 20 min
- timer Cooking time: 15 min
- restaurant Region: 4 personnes
- euro_symbol Cost: €
- 1 zucchini, cut in half, then into 1-inch (2.5 cm) slices
- 1 bell pepper cut into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces
- 4 small onions (cipolini type), peeled
- 8 small potatoes
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 or 3 slices of country bread
- 1 Brie or other soft cheese (13 oz/400 g)
- chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- salt and pepper from the mill
1. Place zucchini and bell pepper pieces, onions, potatoes, 1/4 cup (60 mL) oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Remove vegetables from marinade (discard marinade). Thread vegetables separately onto metal or wooden skewers previously soaked in water. Prepare medium-hot coals. Place skewers on oiled barbecue grill and close lid. Cook potatoes and onions for 15 to 20 minutes and zucchini and bell pepper for 8 to 10 minutes (turning skewers occasionally).
3. Meanwhile, brush bread slices and Brie with remaining oil. Place bread and Brie on oiled barbecue grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is soft to the touch and bread is toasted (turn halfway through cooking). Cut bread slices into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
4. Place the Brie on a large serving plate and score the top. Arrange bread crumbs and grilled vegetables around it. Sprinkle with fine herbs, if desired.