Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Simple - 15 Min
- book Dish type: Vegetarians
- poll Difficulty: Simple
- access_time Preparation time: 15 min
- timer Cooking time: 12 min
- restaurant Region: 4 personnes
- euro_symbol Cost: €
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 Emperor (Kaiser) rolls cut in half
- 4 slices of tomatoes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, if desired, salt and pepper. Brush top and bottom of mushrooms with spiced oil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Prepare medium-high coals. Place mushrooms on oiled barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden and tender (turn the mushrooms once during cooking).
3. Meanwhile, spread mayonnaise on bottom half of buns. Top with a slice of tomato and a grilled mushroom. Sprinkle with cheese and cover top half of buns. Place on oiled barbecue grill and cook for about 2 minutes or until buns are golden brown (turn burgers once during cooking).