Stuffed zucchini with couscous and goat cheese
Medium - 30 Min
- book Dish type: Vegetarians
- poll Difficulty: Medium
- access_time Preparation time: 30 min
- timer Cooking time: 12 min
- restaurant Region: 4 personnes
- euro_symbol Cost: €
- 3/4 cups of couscous
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 1/4 cups of boiling vegetable stock
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (thyme, basil, oregano, mint or dill), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 green or yellow zucchini (about 2 lbs/1 kg total)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1. At least 1 hour before cooking, soak two cedar planks.
2. Place couscous and raisins in a heatproof bowl and pour in vegetable broth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Add green onions, goat cheese, herbs, lemon zest and juice, oil and pepper and mix, breaking up couscous grains with a fork.
3. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out flesh from zucchini (reserve for later use), leaving a wall about 1/4" (5 mm) thick. Sprinkle zucchini cavities evenly with salt and fill each with about 2/3 cup (160 mL) of the couscous mixture.
4. Prepare medium-high coals. Remove the planks from the water, place them on the oiled barbecue grill and heat them, without closing the lid, for 3 minutes or until they start to crackle and smoke. Turn the planks over and place the stuffed zucchini on top. Close lid and cook for 12 minutes or until zucchini is tender.