Cajun Seafood Skewers
Simple - 15 Min
- book Dish type: Fish & Seafood
- poll Difficulty: Simple
- access_time Preparation time: 15 min
- timer Cooking time: 8 min
- restaurant Region: 4 personnes
- euro_symbol Cost: €€
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 lb. salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 8 large scallops, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 12 large shrimps , fresh or frozen, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 limes cut into quarters
1 - In a large shallow dish, whisk together oil, garlic, paprika, pepper, mustard powder, oregano, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Add salmon, scallops and shrimp and toss gently to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2- Prepare a medium-high heat. On wooden skewers previously soaked in water, thread salmon cubes, scallops and shrimp alternately (reserve marinade). Place seafood skewers on oiled barbecue grill. Close lid and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and scallops and shrimp are opaque (gently turn skewers and brush with reserved marinade halfway through cooking).
3- Meanwhile, place lime wedges on oiled barbecue grill and cook for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Serve seafood skewers with grilled lime wedges (you can prepare fish and seafood ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap and marinate for up to 1 hour in the refrigerator).