Pork chops with ginger and garlic
Simple - 25 Min
- book Dish type: White meats
- poll Difficulty: Simple
- access_time Preparation time: 25 min
- timer Cooking time: 12 min
- restaurant Region: 4 personnes
- euro_symbol Cost: €
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 (about 1 1/2 lb/750 g total) boneless pork loin chops, 1" (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the bias
1. In a bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, wine vinegar, sugar and pepper. Reserve 2 1/2 tbsp (37 mL) of the marinade and pour the rest into a large shallow glass dish. Add pork chops and turn to coat well. Cover dish with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (You can prepare the chops up to this point. They will keep overnight in the refrigerator).
2. Prepare medium-high heat. Place pork chops on oiled barbecue grill (discard marinade) and close lid. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork (turn chops halfway through cooking). Place chops on cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Just before serving, slice pork chops thinly against the grain. Drizzle pork with reserved marinade and sprinkle with green onion.