Trout fillet with cherry tomato relish
Simple - 15 Min
- book Dish type: Fish & Seafood
- poll Difficulty: Simple
- access_time Preparation time: 15 min
- timer Cooking time: 12 min
- restaurant Region: 4 personnes
- euro_symbol Cost: €
2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper (jalapeño type), deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 small salmon trout fillets with skin (about 2 lbs/1 kg total)
1. In a small skillet, toast ground coriander and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until fragrant. Place spices in a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes, fresh coriander, chili pepper, onion, oil, lime zest and juice, ginger and half the salt and stir to combine. Set aside. (You can make the tomato relish ahead of time and cover it. It will keep for up to 8 hours in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature before serving).
2. Prepare medium-high coals. Sprinkle trout fillets with remaining salt and pepper and place skin side down in an oiled grill basket or on oiled barbecue grill. Close lid and cook for 10 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (turn fillets halfway through cooking).
3. Remove skin from trout fillets, if desired. Serve trout with reserved relish.